Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Waukegan and keeping bills lower.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do several other methods to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and move the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.