It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Robinson Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.