How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many fumes that could be inside your Waukegan house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from home furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Call Robinson Service Experts at 847-306-8730 right away to start defending your home against this toxic gas.


Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you aren’t able to view it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low amounts and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can leak into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how big the leak is and the airflow in a house, it could become fatal in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, it requires five hours to remove it from your system. You will need an additional five hours to cut that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses

It may also cause illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some things you can complete to keep your family safe:

  1. Every home with at least one gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide system. You should have a detector on each level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your house?
    Call Robinson Service Experts at 847-306-8730 to buy one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you already use a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly test or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector sounds, get out of your residence immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from Robinson Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your home can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts at 847-306-8730 to learn more.