How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Waukegan?
Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner abruptly breaks down. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this situation. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists encourage servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and extending its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time to get that done. This enables you to fix growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioner tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make certain your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your cooling system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, consider signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll experience several perks no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, annual AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.