Your heating and cooling system is the key to a sense of comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure an uninterrupted source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Robinson Service Experts , but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early on: Issues with your heating and cooling often form slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system operates the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from expensive repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Robinson Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Robinson Service Experts office today.