Stopping it from happening is the most critical step. Completing proper safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Waukegan.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when used right but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by booking annual furnace maintenance with Robinson Service Experts .