Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your house, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with extended exposure.